WHAT IS THE GYROTONIC® EXPANSION SYSTEM?
The Gyrotonic Expansion System is a cutting-edge movement system that addresses the entire body, incorporating principles of yoga, dance, gymnastics, swimming and tai-chi.
are circular and three-dimensional, unlike other movement systems which tend to be linear and isolated. Each movement flows into the next, allowing joints to move naturally without any jarring or compression. Gyrotonic exercises are performed on revolutionarily designed machines which function as an extension of your body.
Its counterpart, Gyrokinesis,
utilizes similar movements on a stool and mat. Gyrotonic and Gyrokinesis exercises are great ways to gain functional movement through private lessons, semi-private lessons and group sessions. These sessions are led by experienced, licensed trainers and can meet the needs of any age group or ability, from the elite athlete to elderly clients.
BENEFITS OF GYROTONIC AND GYROKINESIS EXERCISES
- Builds muscular strength and endurance
- Increases flexibility
- Improves balance, coordination, and neuromuscular control
- Strengthens the spine, joints, ligaments, and tendons
- Effective injury prevention
- Stimulates the nervous and circulatory system
- Relieves stress
- Improves scoliosis, muscle imbalances, and disc misalignments
- Helps relieve back pain